Wouldn’t it be great if you could easily split the bill at dinner, pay your babysitter, or transfer money to a friend without having to reach for cash or write a check?
Now you can!
It’s now possible with North Shore Trust and Savings’ latest offering in its suite of products providing convenience through technology.
The service is called Popmoney® and it’s built right into North Shore Trust’s iBanking. Popmoney is an electronic payment service that allows users to send or receive money using an email address or a mobile phone number. The money is transferred from your bank account and deposited directly into theirs, or you can request that they transfer money directly to you.
WHEN TO USE
- Have roommates and need to pay the landlord? They can send you their portion of the rent via Popmoney!
- Instead of mailing a check to your nephew for his birthday…send an eGreeting with the monetary gift directly to his mobile phone.
- Popmoney is the ideal way to send money to your college student – it’s fast and secure!
- Owe your friend money from the concert you enjoyed last night? Use your mobile phone to pay her back.
Popmoney eliminates the hassles of checks and cash by allowing you to send and receive money as easily as you send and receive email and text messages. Best of all, you don’t need a separate account…you can use your current North Shore Trust checking or savings account.
Popmoney was created with your financial security in mind. It is built on the industry’s leading online money movement platform and utilizes superior risk management and fraud protection services. The Popmoney platform is used by thousands of financial institutions, including many of the nation’s top banks. This means the person to whom you are sending money does not need to be a North Shore Trust and Savings customer. Chances are their bank is also a member of the Popmoney network. Even if their bank is not, linking any account is easily done though www.popmoney.com.
How It Works
First, enroll in North Shore Trust and Savings’ iBanking. From there it’s simple to send money… here are the basic steps:
- Log into iBanking and click Pay My Bills
- Select the Popmoney tab and Send Money
- Supply the information necessary to complete the transfer. *Please not there is a fee to use the service. The fee varies based on the dollar amount of your transfer the desired delivery timeframe.
- Popmoney sends a message to the recipient with instructions to claim the funds. If the recipient’s bank is in the Popmoney network, they complete the transaction from their own online banking site. If not, they go to Popmoney.com to move the funds to their bank account.
- The recipient has 10 days from the date of the payment notification to accept the funds. After 10 days, the payment expires and the funds are returned to you.
And, if someone sends you money…
it’s quick and easy to direct the money to your account:
- You will be notified via email or text message that someone has sent you money along with instructions on how to claim the funds.
- Log into North Shore Trust’s iBanking, and select the account where you want the money to be deposited. If you have not registered your checking or savings account with Popmoney.com, do this by selecting North Shore Trust and Savings from the Popmoney network.